An American man died when he took chloroquine because he thought it could prevent corona virus

Tram Ho

An American man living in Arizona died after taking chloroquine phosphate, believing this compound would protect him from infection with the new corona virus. His wife was also poisoned by drinking it with her husband, and is currently in the intensive care unit of the hospital.

Chloroquine is a compound found in anti-malarial drugs, currently being tested against new corona viruses. However, the chloroquine phosphate compound used by the Arizona couple is a version made to wash aquariums, which kills fungi, algae and parasites.

Một người đàn ông Mỹ tử vong khi uống chloroquine, vì nghĩ nó phòng được virus corona - Ảnh 1.

An American man died while drinking chloroquine with his wife, thinking that it could prevent the corona virus

When asked about her foolish behavior, the wife told NBC News that she had watched TV scraps, in which President Trump talked about the potential benefits of chloroquine.

Although no drugs are currently approved to treat or prevent Covid-19 infection, some early studies suggest chloroquine may be helpful for those already infected.

The name ” chloroquine ” was heard in the wife’s ear, and she realized she had used such a compound to clean the tank for her koi.

I saw the chloroquine bottle right on the shelf behind me and thought, ‘Hey, isn’t that what they’re saying on TV?’ “.

And so the couple decided to mix a small amount of chloroquine with water and drink it as a way to prevent the disease.

We are afraid of getting sick, ” the wife said.

But after drinking the homemade mixture for about 20 minutes, both of them started feeling dizzy and had a fever. ” I started vomiting, ” the wife told NBC News. ” My husband started breathing hard and he wanted to hold my hand.”

The wife immediately called 911. The rescue workers at the end of the line had to ask very closely and in detail about the type of compound that she and her husband had taken. The wife struggled to answer them while the symptoms were still torturing and then she fell to the floor.

Although the medical force approached the couple and took them to the hospital, however, the husband died.

Một người đàn ông Mỹ tử vong khi uống chloroquine, vì nghĩ nó phòng được virus corona - Ảnh 2.

Chloroquine has not been approved by the FDA for the treatment of corona virus, it is currently being tested.

Banner Health Hospital, where the couple was taken by ambulance to announce that the two victims were over 60 years old. They belong to a group of people at risk of serious complications from Covid-19 infection. And that may be the reason why this couple wants to drink chloroquine as a precaution.

However, the wife mistook chloroquine phosphate in an aquarium cleaner with a hydroxychloroquine oral medicine for malaria patients.

Dr Daniel Brooks, the medical director of the Banner Health and Poison Information Center at Banner Health Hospital, said in a statement: “With the uncertainty surrounding Covid-19, we understand that people are trying to find new ways to prevent or treat this virus, but self-healing [at home] is not a way to do that . ”

On Friday, the Nigerian Centers for Disease Control and Prevention pleaded with people not to take chloroquine on their own, as it ” would be harmful and possibly fatal “. This African country has reported at least 2 poisonings related to this drug.

In fact, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has never approved chloroquine to treat the new corona virus, studies on its safety and effectiveness have just begun.

Speaking of her painful experience, the 60-year-old Arizona woman now wants to recommend that everyone listen to health experts for the best advice about corona virus.

Be careful and call your doctor, ” she said. ” This is a pain that I will never be able to overcome.”

Một người đàn ông Mỹ tử vong khi uống chloroquine, vì nghĩ nó phòng được virus corona - Ảnh 4.

See Nbcnews, Nypost

Chia sẻ bài viết ngay

Nguồn bài viết : Genk