Jailbreak iOS 13 successful with Apple vulnerability “can not patch”
- Tram Ho
Based on the “checkm8” vulnerability that developers discovered on previous iPhone / iPad devices, today, a new tool called “checkra1n” has been released, allowing users to jailbreak it. all versions of iOS from 12.3 to the latest iOS 13 (including the newly released iOS version 13.2.2).
According to what this tool programmer describes, “checkra1n” will support jailbreaking devices running on Apple A11 or less chip. This means iPhone models from iPhone 5s to iPhone X running iOS versions, including the latest, can be jailbroken with this tool, with the exception of the two latest iPhone models, iPhone XR / XS / XS Max and three new iPhone 11s are released, the reason for the flaw in the bootroom vulnerability has been fixed on these iPhone models.
Due to the nature of the vulnerability is a hardware-based exploit and Apple cannot patch with just a software update, so with supported iPhone / iPad models, any iOS version released in the future hybrids will also be easily jailbroken with the “checkra1n” tool.
To jailbreak, your device needs to meet the following conditions:
– Running on Apple A11 or below chip (supports from iPhone 5s to iPhone X)
– Running iOS 12.3 or higher (older versions can be jailbroken with the unc0ver tool)
Currently, the tool “checkra1n” is being released by developers as a test version that only supports macOS, versions for Windows and Linux will be released in the near future. Readers can download and experience the tool “checkra1n” for macOS at this link.
The user interface of checkra1n
Some notes before jailbreaking with the tool “checkra1n”:
– “checkra1n” does not support iPad Air 2, iPad 5th generation, iPad Pro first generation.
– The following devices have lower jailbreak rates: iPhone 5s, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air.
– Backup all your data before proceeding with jailbreak.
– This is still just a tethered jailbreak, which means you will need to perform jailbreak again every time you reboot your device.
– The jailbreak tweak currently does not support iOS 13. Users need to wait a while longer for the developers to update.
– “checkra1n” is currently in beta testing, it cannot avoid errors during jailbreak, users should consider before using this tool. We do not accept any responsibility if your device loses data or becomes “brick” after jailbreak.
Source : Trí Thức Trẻ