- Tram Ho
Samsung will launch the Galaxy S21 smartphones on January 14. There will be three versions to be released: Galaxy S21, S21 Plus and S21 Ultra. In it, Samsung believes that most people will choose the cheapest version of the Galaxy S21.
In the context of the global economy struggling with epidemics, along with the unimpressive launch of the Galaxy S20, Samsung is focusing more on the regular Galaxy S21 version.
According to the ETNEws report, Samsung has allocated 60% of the production capacity to the Galaxy S21 version, the remaining 40% is divided equally between the Galaxy S21 Plus and S21 Ultra.
The source also revealed that the Galaxy S21 may be Samsung’s cheapest flagship smartphone, since the launch of the Galaxy S9 in 2018 until now.
Retail prices will start at 990,000 won, pretty much lower than the Galaxy S20 with a starting price of 1,248,000 won. That price is equivalent to 910 USD in the US, true to previous rumors.
Galaxy S21 Plus will be priced from 1,199,000 won ($ 1,105), Galaxy S21 Ultra will be priced from 1,595,000 won ($ 1,470) in the Korean market. These prices are about 100,000 won ($ 90 USD) lower than the previous generation.
When it hits the shelves later this month, Samsung expects the cheapest version of the Galaxy S21 to help boost sales and maximize sales. The Galaxy S21 will have to compete directly with the iPhone 12, which is seen as a difficult challenge.
In exchange for a lower selling price, Samsung doesn’t want to hurt profits, thus cutting costs. The most obvious thing is the display, the QuadHD + resolution will drop to FullHD +. Besides, Galaxy S21 will also not be sold with chargers and headphones.
Source : Genk