Knowing how to track your SEO rankings is essential to driving traffic to your website. In this article, I will teach you how to find Google keyword rankings and what free tools are available to help you. How to Check Your Google Keyword Rank Use any of the tools below to find out your site’s rank in Google Search for specific keywords.
1. Google Search Console
The first tool you can use to check your keyword rankings is Google Search Console. The platform is free and serves as a centralized hub for managing and monitoring keyword rankings and SEO progress. Most of the agencies or agencies doing SEO services need this tool
To start using Search Console, you must create an account with your Gmail or G-Suite email address.
Once you’ve created your account, you’ll need to add your website as an property before you can track your keyword performance.
The easiest method is to link the Google Analytics account you’re using to collect data about your website traffic.
Because setting up a Google Analytics account includes adding tracking code to your website, when you can allow access to your Analytics account, Google can verify that you own the website.
If you don’t have a Google Analytics account, you’ll have to use one of the other verification methods. Some options include adding a file or HTML tag, updating your DNS records, or using Google Tag Manager.
To check your keyword rankings in Google Search Console, go to the “Performance” tab. Upon reaching the page, you’ll see an interactive chart with some important stats including:
• Total number of clicks
• Total impressions
• Average clickthrough rate (CTR)
• Average position
• You can select or deselect any of the metrics and the chart body will show how each selected metric is trending within the specified time frame. The default setting for the chart is 3 months, but you can change this period to whatever you want.
• Scrolling down the page, you will see a Query tab containing a list of all the keywords your site generated for ranking for the specified time period. It will show average rating, CTR and total clicks.
• You can also see your keyword performance for specific pages by clicking the “Pages” button on the report.
• Here, you will see the total statistics for all your ranking pages. When you click on a page, you can see which queries the page is ranking for, and which countries and devices bring the most impressions and clicks.
• 2. Manually test Google
• Perhaps the most direct way to check your keyword rankings is to manually search for them in Google.
• Before you open another tab and enter one of your target phrases, note that there are a few steps you need to take to ensure that you are getting the most accurate results.
• If you do a search in the same browser that you normally use for Google, without clearing cookies, you will not get the same results as a random searcher.
• To get the most accurate results, you need to open a browser window that does not allow tracking of cookies. In Google Chrome, this is an Incognito Window, in Firefox it’s a Private Window.
• Please note that even if you clear cookies or use a private browser, Google’s default setting is still to personalize your search results. In doing so, it will take into account your geographic location that could be obtained from your IP address, as well as your previous search history if somehow you were still logged into your Google account. me.
• On the Google home page, click on the ‘Settings’ button, which can be found in the bottom right corner of the page. If you have entered search, a “Settings” button will appear at the top of the page near the search bar.
• From the settings page, look for the section titled “Private results”. You will need to select “do not use private results”.
• When private results are enabled, Google provides you with personalized results when ranking pages.
• When you have turned off personalized results, you will want to select the placements where you want to evaluate the results. At the bottom of the settings page, there will be a section called “Regional Settings”. Here, you can choose which country you’d like Google to use when filling out the results.
• After you have taken all these steps to ensure that you are generating accurate results, you can start searching for keywords you want to evaluate. When you enter a search term, the results page will show the pure ranking in the Google index for that particular keyword.
• You will need to scroll through the results and be able to access page two and more before you find your site (if you rate for that term). Make sure to record the results you find otherwise you won’t be able to track your performance over time.
Needless to say, this is a somewhat cumbersome method of testing your keyword performance. You will likely have to sift through multiple pages just to find out where you rank for a term. If you want to check multiple terms, you will have to repeat the process again for each keyword.
• 3. SEMRush organic research report
SEMRush offers a comprehensive SEO toolkit designed to help businesses effectively plan and monitor every aspect of their search engine performance.
Among these tools is the Organic Research Report that can tell you everything you need to know about your keyword rankings in Google.
• This tool is divided into different sections where you can switch between sections to analyze your keyword performance from a different angle.
• Report starts on the Overview tab. Here, you’ll find the total number of keywords the site naturally ranks for and the estimated number of visitors likely to visit the site in the next month based on its current ranking positions.
There is also a chart that shows the trend of the number of keywords the website has ranked for historically.
In the Placement section, you’ll find a complete list of all the keywords the site is ranking for. This includes:
• The current position for that keyword
• Any changes in ratings
• Average monthly search volume over the past year
• The Keyword Difficulty Score estimates how difficult it is to rank for that keyword
• The URL of the page ranking for that keyword.
The Competitors section provides an overview of the site’s main search competitors’ performance. It does this by comparing the number of popular keywords a website shares with a particular competitor to calculate the Competitiveness metric measured as a percentage (up to 100%).
The Pages section details how well each of your websites are performing in Google.
On the list of pages that attract organic visitors to your site, you can see the total organic traffic per page, the percentage of total traffic to the page that came from search. organic and total number of keywords that a page is ranking for.
Overall, SEMrush is a powerful tool to check your SEO rankings on Google. If you want to get the most out of everything the solution offers, you will need to subscribe to a premium plan. SEMRush comes with a free version but it limits the amount of data you can access.
For example, if you open an Organic Research Report for your website with the free plan, you may only see organic placements for ten keywords.
4. SiteChecker Rank Tracker
SiteChecker also offers a comprehensive set of digital marketing solutions.
With the Rank Tracker tool, you can track your website’s keyword rank to see how your position and how your position is changing over time.
To get started, you add keywords you want to track into the tool. You will need to specify the searcher’s location and language in the settings for each keyword.
Once you’ve added your keywords, the Rank Tracker starts collecting location data. Results are usually available within a few hours. In the future, the data is updated once a day.
When the data is available, you’ll see charts showing overall trends for the keywords provided. There will also be a chart showing the daily rankings for each keyword as well as a difference in position from the day before.
When you click on a keyword, you can see the SERP results for that term and where your competitors are ranking.
Sitechecker has a free plan that grants access to some of its tools, however, it does not include a Rank Tracker. If you want to use Rank Tracker to test your keyword performance, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid plan.
There are three options available, starting at $ 19 per month at monthly billing. Choosing an annual payment will reduce costs by 20%.
Sitechecker offers users a free trial to test the platform before committing.
5. SERanking Keyword Rank Tracker
SERanking is another set of SEO tools with powerful keyword ranking tracking feature.
When creating your account, you’ll need to create a project with your website before you can track your keyword performance.
The first step is to add the domain you want to track. Next, you will add keywords that you want to track. You can do this manually by entering keywords one at a time, or importing a file with multiple keywords.
SERanking also has a suggestion box that you can quickly use to add keywords to your list. This box is automatically filled in the keywords that the site has ranked for.
The next step is to specify the search engines you want to track. Naturally, Google will be the primary choice for most, but you can also add Bing, Yahoo or Yandex if you want.
Then, you will add any competitors you want to follow. Like keywords, SERanking can suggest a competitor to you.
Finally, you can choose to link your Google Analytics and Google Search Console accounts before the project goes live.
From there, go to the Ranking section on the left menu to start monitoring your keyword performance. You’ll see a list of all the keywords you’ve added, your monthly search volume, and your current position for each term.
The overview shows your average position, estimated traffic based on your ranking, and the percentage of keywords that rank in the top 10.
Down the page, you will see a list of keywords you have added to track. If you are currently ranking for a keyword, the URL of the ranking page will appear. When you click the SERP Competitors button for a keyword, you will be taken to a list of the top 100 ranking pages for that term.
SERanking doesn’t have a completely free plan but offers users more flexibility when choosing their paid options. You can pay in installments 1 month, 6 months or annually. You can also choose how often to update your ratings track at 1 day, 3 days or weekly intervals.
With Ahrefs you can check keyword rankings more quickly and conveniently than ever before. Ahrefs is a software company that develops free online SEO tools and educational materials for marketing professionals.
Ahrefs all-in-one SEO toolkit can help you:
- Competitor research: publish your competitor’s organic keywords, backlink strategy, and PPC keywords
- Link building: find the strongest backlink building opportunities in your niche
- Keyword Research: Get the most relevant keyword ideas and see how difficult it will be to rank
- Check the website: find out the SEO problems your site has and find out how to fix them –
- Content research: discover the most popular content on any topic and find the best ideas for your own content –
- Tracking rankings: track your search rankings along with your competitors –
- Mention Monitoring: Receive an email notification every time you or your brand gets mentioned online.
- Ahrefs database has over 11 billion keywords and over 400 billion pages indexed. That’s why Ahrefs can provide maximum data accuracy to its users.
This is a Vietnamese product, with this tool you can quickly and exactly check the keywords you want. Not only that, this tool also has other useful features such as: duplicate content checking, content mixing, keyword suggestion …
For you to understand better, I would like to do the following example, I will check the article keyword of ” keyword seo service at SEO CAPACITY ” as follows:
So this article we help you list out 7 free tools to check your keyword rankings on Google. Nice to receive your comments, thanks and see you again.