- Tram Ho
In less than 1 month, 2020 will officially end, closing a turbulent year for the world. On this occasion, GIPHY, one of the largest websites providing animated images (gifs) today, has announced the 25 most viewed gifs in nearly 12 months. With the explosion of the Internet, gifs are not too unfamiliar to today’s users, and are often used to express thoughts, feelings, or even “change words” when they are afraid. have to type.
With what happened in 2020, many people thought that the Top 25 of GIPHY would contain a lot of dark, somewhat negative images. But the results are quite the opposite, and besides the familiar memes, we also have a lot of meaningful gifs, spreading positivity to encourage everyone to go through this difficult period. “Amidst the crazy chaos of 2020, lovely and profound animations still dominate our Top 25 chart,” GIPHY said.
Here are the 25 most viewed gifs on GIPHY in the past year.
25. “Wash ’em!” – Author GIPHY Originals – 339,442,081 views
The name says it all, “Wash ’em!” This is a gif that urges people to regularly wash their hands properly, both for personal hygiene, and is one of the most common preventive measures in avoiding the Covid-19 epidemic.
24. “Keep Your Distance” – author William Garratt – 340,219,451 views
Another gif for the propaganda of prevention measures against Covid-19. In addition to regularly wearing a mask, keeping distance when communicating, avoiding direct contact is also a way to limit the spread of disease.
23. “You’re Enough” – Shercle’s author – 353,390,971 views
A pretty cute gif with soft, positive colors, suitable for encouraging loved ones during the difficult times they encounter.
22. “Quarantine” – Jason Clarke’s author – 356,125,205 views
Until now, quarantine is still one of the measures adopted by many countries to limit the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Instead of gathering in crowded places or having fun in public, people are encouraged to stay indoors to ensure the safety of themselves and the whole community.
21. “Video Games” – Takadabear author – 357,866,255 views
When you have to stay at home and perform social gap almost 24/7, video games are probably indispensable “dishes” in the daily entertainment menu. With the development of technology today, gamers can now connect, communicate and compete with friends easily without having to leave their bedroom.
20. “Over It” – Jasmine Masters author – 359,549,504 views
This gif is simply the message of many people around the world to 2020: I have been too bored with this year!
19. “Happy Birthday” – Jelene author – 359,897,265 views
In the context that we cannot celebrate live birthdays like every year because of epidemics, technology can still help this party take place in the safest and most fun way. Just one animated photo which is so colorful and meaningful is enough to change words to say and express your feelings.
18. “2020 Trash” – author Robert E. Blackmon – 366,187,487 views
In a year with too many changes and a pity happening, it seems that user Robert E. Blackmon has said instead of everyone’s feelings: Just want to throw 2020 in the trash and finish and start a new year happy more seemingly, more peaceful.
17. “Eurovision” I Love You “- Netflix author – 368,783,186 views
The gif of Will Ferrell singing “I Love You” is a funny and funny way of expressing her feelings. Netflix’s movie “Eurovision” has already provided an endless number of gifs, but it is this animated image that has achieved the highest views thanks to its high humor and applicability.
16. “Alien Dancing” – DOMCAKE author – 372,892,777 views
A gif has all the positive elements to “wind up” the spirit of everyone: Colorful color, lovely alien character, cute action and lovely smile.
15. “Shaun the Sheep Yoga” – the author of Aardman Animation – 373,451,542 views
The Covid-19 pandemic not only makes us feel stressed and anxious, but also seriously affects the physical training of each person. So this gif will be a great reminder of daily exercise, or simply meditating to calm your mind.
14. “I Love You” – Corgiyolk author – 374,495,426 views
“Love” is one of the most searched phrases on GIPHY this year. And when combined with “dog” (dog), especially the super cute corgi, the fact that this gif entered the Top 25 is completely understandable. This is also a very cute way to express your feelings online.
13. “I Love You” – by the Parrotlet Post – 401,950,424 views
Similar to the corgi gif above, this work will also make viewers’ hearts melt at first sight.
12. “Keep Spreading Positivity” – YouTube author – 402,784,006 views
A gif is quite simple, but the message it brings is immense: In such difficult times, it is extremely important to keep positive energy in life.
11. “Virtual Hug” – Kochstrasse author – 409,802,214 views
While the pandemic is still complicated, instead of real hugs, we can send these lovely virtual hugs here.
10. “Billie Eilish“ LOL ”- cut from BRIT Awards – 421,554,616 views
Billie Eilish always sincerely reveals her true self in music, fashion style, and in facial expressions. This “LOL” gif (laughing can’t find her mouth) will be a great work to use in many different situations.
9. “We Will Get Through This” – Author Into Action – 423,529,288 views
The Into Action team has been actively creating gifs this year, and it all came out at the right time. Many of them are animations with positive energy, encouraging people during a complex epidemic, especially in the first months of an outbreak. “We Will Get Through This” – “We will get through” is the message they want to convey in their works.
8. “Dumpster Fire” – 100% Soft author – 437,896,231 views
One more gif represents the “worth leaving” of 2020, but in a cuter way.
7. “Happy Dance” – Sesame Street author – 493,304,934 views
A gif to use when you want to express your happiness, or simply encourage others. This animated picture is also very suitable for happy birthday to relatives and friends.
6. “OK!” – Mochimochiland author – 540,192,916 views
The reply with the message “OK” will no longer be short and cold if you replace it with this gif.
5. “Long Distance Love” – Chibird’s author – 710,944,919 views
Everyone needs everyone’s love, or love, especially this year. Therefore, it is not difficult to send a little interest and share through cute gifs like this.
4. “I Love You” – Rain to Me author – 863,826,912 views
In the context that all relationships are temporarily turned on “remote, online”, the search volume for the keyword “virtual” also increases dramatically, especially “virtual hug” (virtual hug). .
3. “I Love You” – Risudong’s author – 917,045,574 views
Still the subject of love, but instead of the corgi we have another super cute cat this time.
2. “Grateful for You” – GIPHY Cares author – 948,335,721 views
The GIPHY Cares campaign was launched in April this year, bringing a series of new gifs, emojis and stickers to help people stay optimistic in the current state. This gif can be seen as a way in which people show respect, gratitude and respect to each other.
1. “Thank You” – Red & Howling author – 1,061,535,526 views
Not only a general thank you, this gif clearly stated: We express our sincere gratitude to those who forget themselves to fight on the frontlines and help keep everyone safe. .
According to GIPHY
Source : Genk