- Tram Ho
On September 24, NVIDIA and its AIB graphics card manufacturing partners such as ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, Zotac, … officially sold GeForce RTX 3090 graphics cards at incredibly high prices, from 42.5 million VND or more. Accompanying this super price is superb performance, ready to weigh all kinds of work and entertainment demands. There are 5 main points we need to know about this “super big, super” graphics card.
1. Most gamers should not buy it: Although very powerful, very terrible, but the GeForce RTX 3090 does not really bring practical value to gamers. Simply put, you can get the RTX 3080 for less than 50% and have 85-90% equivalent gaming performance. The power and memory capacity of the RTX 3080 is too abundant at 2K and 4K resolutions. Of course if you have too much money and don’t know where to spend it, the choice is entirely up to you.
2. The ability to play 8K games has not been used yet: Indeed, perhaps 99% of gamers today do not own a screen with 8K resolution because the price is too expensive and there are few options. RTX 3090 can easily keep 60 FPS at 8K resolution with High setting, not to mention the help of NVIDIA exclusive DLSS 2.1 technology. The only problem is, as stated, few people have an 8K TV screen to enjoy it. Until the popular 8K screen, there were RTX 6090 already.
3. It is a bargain for professionals: RTX 3090 can be considered as a cheap TITAN version with super power from more than 10,496 CUDA cores, 328 Tensor cores and up to 24GB VRAM. As a result, editing 8K resolution videos, editing movies, rendering rendering or running machine learning algorithms can be significantly increased compared to TITAN RTX even at about 50%.
4. Need to be equipped with a terrible source: In the RTX 3090 Founders Edition version of NVIDIA, the company has stated the power consumption of this card is 350W and requires power source of 750W or more. Some custom versions are even designed with 3 8-pin power pins, bringing the total power consumption of the card can be up to 525W.
5. It is not certain to have money: The experts say that the launch of this product of NVIDIA is a bit of a hurry, supply is not enough demand, making the shortage of goods happening all over the world, including the whole of Vietnam. Therefore, right now, sometimes you have 50-60 million available on hand and do not have any goods to buy. It is expected that the situation of goods will not be stable until October or even November.
Source : Genk