Hi everyone, I’m HJr, in this article I will introduce an overview of React Native, including the following issues:
-What is React Native?
-Why should learn React Native?
– Pros and cons?
1.What is React Native?
React Native is an open source framework created by Facebook. It is used to develop Android, iOS, Web and UWP mobile apps by allowing developers to use React alongside the native app environment.
2.Why should learn React Native
React Native was developed to solve the performance problem of Hybrid and the cost problem of having to write many native languages for each mobile platform, just like the slogan of React Native: “Learn once, write anywhere “. Today we have two main competing platforms, iOS and Android, each with a power that overwhelms the programming world. From there, tools to support application developers can develop each application easily, such as Apple has XCode, Android has Android Studio. But also because each person has a power, so no one plays with anyone, each side claims to be a “way” in the end, the programmers are the ones who have to suffer the battle. And from that, the Gypsy gave birth to two famous subjects, Native and Hybrid.
3. Pros and cons?
- As I said above, React Native can write both Android and IOS Apps, which will help: Save time and reduce development costs of an application. Better utilization of human resources Maintain less code, less bugs Features in both platforms are similar.
- React Native allows developers to reuse code while developing cross-platform applications. In particular, developers can reuse almost 80-90% of the code instead of having to write and create separate applications for different platforms.
- Large user community: React Native is rated as one of the most popular frameworks, you can easily fix bugs through large and small forums. At the same time there are many support libraries.
- Stability and Optimization: Developed by Facebook, React Native has quite high stable performance. React Native code simplifies data processing. Application development team is not too large. Build applications with the least native code for many different operating systems. Better user experience when compared to Hybrids app
- Native code required.
- Performance is worse than Native App.
- Memory management
- Customization is not really good in some modules.
- Not suitable for applications that need high computing power (hash, crypto, etc).