- Tram Ho
According to Windows Latest, the latest Windows 10 update has allowed users to manually turn off the Bing tool, to speed up searching. At the same time, it will remove the ads from Windows Search, resulting in faster and more accurate searches.
However, to be able to turn off Bing search in the latest Windows 10 update, you’ll have to do quite a bit of complicated work. It requires you to make changes in the Registry Editor, and some mistakes can lead to system crashes. So please consider it before trying.
If you are not afraid to dabble in the operating system, you can try the following steps:
1. Click the Windows button to open Windows Search.
2. Type “regedit” and press enter.
3. Open Registry Editor.
4. In Registry Editor, locate the path “Computer HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Windows Explorer”.
5. If the Explorer folder doesn’t exist, right-click the Windows folder and create a new key called Explorer.
6. Right-click in the right pane, under Explorer.
7. Select New> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
8. Name it DisableSearchBoxSuggestions.
9. Select a Value value of 1.
10. Close Registry Editor and restart Windows.
So you have turned off Bing search engine built into Windows Search in Windows 10. Now, you will not be bothered by the search results that Bing engine brings you, instead you can search. very fast and exactly what you need to find on your computer.
Source : Genk