If the situation and environment, defects in the application or product are executed, then the system failure is failure – failure. Not all errors lead to Failure, some may come from the black code and make it impossible for the development team to notice them at all. For example, defects in inactive code will never lead to failure. It is not just defects leading to Failure. Failure may also be caused for other reasons as follows:
- Due to environmental conditions as well as radiation explosion, strong magnetic field, electronic field or pollution can cause errors in hardware. Such errors may prevent or change software performance.
- Errors can also arise due to human error when interacting with the software, may input wrong input or output value.
- Finally, Failure may also be due to the subjective element of someone intentionally causing an error in the system.
Differences between Error , Defect and Failure in software testing:
Error : The error caused by the programmer is called “Error”. This may occur for the following reasons:
- Due to some confusion in understanding the function of the software.
- Due to some calculations mismatch between initialization values.
- Because a wrong judgment about any value, etc.
Defect : The error that is brought up from within the developer’s code is called Defect. This may happen because of some programming errors.
Failure : If in some cases these errors are made by the tester during the test, it will lead to an error called Failure Software.
Some important points to know:
- When testers are performing tests, they can observe some differences in the behavior of features or functions, but this is not due to Failure. This may occur because the test data entered is incorrect, the tester may not be aware of the feature or function or may be due to the bad environment. For the reasons of that incident are all reported as Incident Reports. The problem or situation that needs further analysis or clarification is called the problem. To solve the problem, the developer needs to analyze whether or not this problem is caused by Failure.
- It is not necessary that Defects or Bugs be detected in software products. For a better understanding of that, for example, a Bug or Defect can also be detected by a business analyst. Defect presence in specifications as well as required specifications and design specifications can also be detected during the evaluation process. When Defect or Bug is detected during the evaluation process, it cannot lead to errors due to software not being executed.
- These Defect or Bugs are reported not to be responsible for the developers or any team members but to evaluate the quality of the product. Product quality is extremely important and is put on top priority. To gain the trust of customers, it is very important to deliver quality products on time.
Through the article we understand the difference between Error, Defect and Failure, what is more prominent in the article is that it is not a familiar concept like Error or Defect but a concept of difference in results. The actual and expected result of the system in software testing is Failure. Hope the article will help you!