- Tram Ho
Not only beat Intel in terms of sales in many countries, AMD CPU models are also surpassing Blue Team in terms of 'gaining' technology users.
Accordingly, AMD CPU is the first choice of many technology users when they intend to upgrade the machine in the future, instead of Intel CPU models. This is the conclusion made by the European Hardware Association (EHA) after the organization conducted a major survey across Europe. Subjects surveyed include passionate and tech-savvy users
Specifically, up to 60% of technology users said they would choose AMD CPUs to upgrade. Intel CPU models meanwhile are selected by 40% of technology users for the future.
This figure is certainly very positive for AMD, especially when compared to last year's EHA survey. At that time, up to 60% of technology users said they would choose Intel over AMD.
This data also shows the great influence of the Ryzen 3000 series when it was launched in the middle of July 2019, which quickly achieved great success with extremely good sales in many countries. With comparable performance to Intel CPU models but significantly more competitive selling price, Ryzen 3000 clearly attracted a large number of 'hard fans' from Blue Team.
This is also the judgment of the EHA president, Mr. Koen Crijns: " Over the past 3 years AMD has achieved a lot of positive achievements in the segment of enthusiast users and technology savvy. narrowing the gap in processing capabilities (with Intel CPUs), while the price / performance ratio is extremely attractive "
Of course, the rise of AMD also contributed significantly from the internal problems of Intel. The manufacturer of this CPU is still struggling to solve the shortage of computer chip supply.
Notably, the EHA report also shows that AMD is achieving some positive results in the graphics card manufacturing sector, which is facing stiff competition from rival Nvidia.
Accordingly, about 23% of technology users said they would choose to buy AMD graphics cards in the future, while the remaining 77% still love Nvidia graphics card models. Although this data shows AMD is still losing to Nvidia, the Red Team has a certain growth.
In May 2019, only 19% of users surveyed by EHA chose AMD over Nvidia. The launch of two Navi-based graphics cards, the RX 5700 and 5700 XT, with comparable performance and competitive price compared to Nvidia's RTX series VGA models, is said to have helped AMD to prosper again.
Refer to TechRadar
Source : Trí Thức Trẻ