- Tram Ho
For online hunters, September 9 was a great time when a series of e-commerce platforms in Vietnam simultaneously launched promotions and deep discounts. Highlights are Shopee’s Super Sale program, with many products priced at only 1,000 VND (including shipping fees), from phone cases, clothes, household appliances, children’s toys, shoes, …
However, many customers are frustrated by the business practices of an online phone accessories shop on Shopee, when they reflect “placing the phone case but the product received is a stone in an empty box.”
One user said: “Buying goods for a few years, the first time we see a fraudulent shop, deliver stone is always afraid”.
Another commented: “Put 2 panels to receive a stone, only cheap price does not accept. It is like spending money to buy experience, everyone”.
Three out of many consumers reflected this online shop’s fraudulent status.
Because of the scam above, the average score evaluated by the buyer with this shop is only 2.7 / 5. However, the shop has now deleted all information on Shopee, only the consumer reviews remain displayed.
In fact, the status of lost and exchanged goods when shopping on e-commerce floors is no longer new. There have been cases where the buyer ordered the iPhone to receive … the brick, or during the delivery to the recipient, the product was “flattened but flying”.
According to the Competition Administration and Consumer Protection Department (Ministry of Industry and Trade), to ensure their interests when shopping online, consumers should note:
– Should buy goods at e-commerce floors, reputable websites, licensed to operate, with clear contact information (address, phone number, tax code …);
– Learn carefully about the terms and conditions of the website, especially the terms of warranty, return, refund, delivery, …;
-Be careful about products / services before buying. Consumers can search for information about products / services on the internet such as origin, features, reviews (reviews) of products / services to avoid buying poor products / services. quality;
– Beware of requests for information from strange websites such as: full name, phone number, date of birth, address, interests, medical history … These may be websites that use information. Consumers are contrary to the law, cause inconvenience to consumers or even steal consumers’ financial information.
– Be wary of strange websites / social media accounts promoting products / services at very low prices or big promotions, requiring consumers to provide information and share the program.
– Be wary of notification of winning coupons used to buy products of the company. Accordingly, the coupon is usually less than the value of the product, the consumer has to spend an extra amount. However, when receiving the goods, the product usually has a lower value than the amount spent by the consumer.
– Caution is similar to the form of winning notification and consumers have to pay taxes / fees to receive a product.
Source : Genk