- Tram Ho
Intel’s Comet Lake-S line of desktop CPUs was officially launched by Intel and released on May 20. Intel’s latest collection is extremely monumental, most notably the 10-core 20-core Core i9-10900K processor, the CPU will continue to be the best Gaming Processor the world that i9-9900K holds. But not only the i9, the i5 and i3 also upgraded quite strongly and comprehensively. Here is all the information you should know about Intel’s latest processor family.
What is Intel Comet Lake?
Before getting into the details, let’s find out “What is Intel Comet Lake”?
Comet Lake is the codename for Intel’s next generation mobile and desktop processors. They are still based on a 14nm manufacturing process similar to the Intel Coffee Lake CPU. However, Comet Lake uses a more sophisticated version of this manufacturing process – the 14nm ++ manufacturing process. Meanwhile, Coffee Lake CPU was formerly named 14nm +.
In addition to staying true to the 14nm process, Comet Lake CPUs still bring many new features. These features include:
– Supports DDR4-2933 Mhz RAM
– Intel’s hyper-threading technology is brought back on all Core i3 to Core i9 processors
– Turbo Boost Max 3.0 Technology, previously only reserved for high-end Xeon processors for servers
– Heat Velocity Boost technology will help Core i9-10900K CPU is optimized over 9900K in terms of heat output and achieve higher boost pulse levels. Specifically, the Core i9-10900K Turbo reaches up to 5.3Ghz, higher than the 5.00000K figure and the ability to overclock manually also benefits that.
What is the leap of Comet Lake specifically?
In terms of the number of real cores, Comet Lake does not have too many changes. Comet Lake Core i7 still has eight cores, Core i5 has six and Core i3 has four. Instead, the big difference is that the number of threads (or virtual cores) is doubled, giving each CPU better hyper-threading performance when multitasking. The only CPUs that currently have more cores than the previous one are Core i9, which jumped from a 16-core 16-thread CPU to a 10-thread 20-core, equal to the number of threads on new HEDT CPUs released a few months ago.
Compared to AMD home CPUs, the Ryzen 9 3900X and Ryzen 9 3950X still have the advantage in terms of overall number of cores. AMD fans still have the right to boast of the 12 cores of 24 threads and the 16 cores of 32 threads of these CPUs. However, in terms of single-core clock speed, the new Intel warriors are the winner. Having a better optimized platform, Comet Lake-S is still able to compete fiercely with AMD Ryzen, which is undisputed!
Indeed, the Intel Core i9-10900K CPU can reach 5.3 GHz when boosted thanks to Heat Velocity Boost technology. This figure can be considered outstanding compared to the maximum speed of 4.7 GHz of Ryzen 9 3950X. However, 10900K is likely to be the same as 9900K, which means it will be named as the power-hungry chip, emitting the most heat from Intel with TDP up to 125W.
In addition to high TDP, this is also the first time Intel has brought its Turbo Boost Max 3.0 technology to the popular Core i series. This not only increases the efficiency significantly, it also increases the heat output. Therefore, this year if you buy 10900K you will also have to earn them extra radiators that match! Although it takes 1 more, but such a trade-off is worth the added performance right?
Especially from 05/06/2020 to 06/25/2020, HANOICOMPUTER is going on promotion program Jubilant Discount up to 500,000 VND when buying Intel combo and LG screen.
– Discount 200,000 VND when buying Intel NUC and any LG screen
– Discount immediately VND 300,000 when Build PC uses Gen 10 CPU and any LG screen
– Discount immediately 500,000 VND when building a computer case using i9-10900k CPU and any LG screen
What are you waiting for without coming to HANOICOMPUTER’s showroom system at the following addresses:
– TWO BAUNG Showroom: 129 + 131 Le Thanh Nghi – Dong Tam – Hai Ba Trung – Hanoi
– DONG DA showroom: No. 43 Thai Ha – Trung Liet – Dong Da – Hanoi
– HAI PHONG Showroom: A1-6, Lot 8A Le Hong Phong – Ngo Quyen – Hai Phong
– PAPER SHOWroom Showroom: No. 57 Nguyen Van Huyen – Cau Giay – Hanoi
– HA DONG showroom: No. 511 + 513 Quang Trung – Ha Dong – Hanoi
– Showroom TP. HO CHI MINH: Số 520 Cach Mang Thang Tam – District 3 – TP. Ho Chi Minh
– LONG BIEN showroom: No. 398 Nguyen Van Cu – Long Bien – Hanoi
Customer Care Hotline: 1900 1903 ext. 0
Source : Genk