- Tram Ho
The Cybersecurity and High-Tech Crime Prevention and Control Department of Quang Ninh Provincial Police said that in recent times, there have been many cases where people have not borrowed, do not guarantee, or even know the borrower. Borrowing money through applications (apps) to lend money but are “terrorists” asking for debt by phone, text message and in some cases being stigmatized on social networking sites.
According to Quang Ninh Provincial Police, the incidents occurred due to two main reasons. Firstly, the relatives, friends, and colleagues of the person being called have participated in borrowing money through the app and have not paid on time, so the debt collectors will use their contact data to text and call. phone calls for collection purposes, even if the person being called is not related to those loans.
Secondly, because the loan application procedure is very simple, borrowers only need to provide ID/CCCD information to be able to borrow money, so some bad actors have taken advantage of stealing information or using it. use your public information to make a loan through the app but then do not pay.
From the above situation, the Department of Cybersecurity and high-tech crime prevention recommends people some measures to handle when being called and texted by “terrorists” to collect debt even though they do not borrow money. money, specifically as follows:
1. First of all, it is necessary to calmly handle and briefly explain about not knowing the borrower or not being responsible for the debt that the subjects mentioned. At the same time, ask for information about the debt collection agency, remind the debtor and request to provide documents, contracts and information about your debt. (It is recommended to record calls, save messages as evidence).
2. Notify and instruct how to handle for their relatives, friends and colleagues when being bothered by debt collectors calling or texting with the above content.
3. Use the features available on the phone to block annoying calls and messages of debt collectors. For individual Facebook pages can block the comments of strangers.
4. If the situation is disturbed for a long time, even to the point of being “terrorized” by the phone, people can report it to the nearest police station for timely handling measures.
5. Absolutely do not provide personal information to the subjects calling for debt collection such as: Information about personal papers, family relationships, colleagues, friends, place of work, living…
In order to both ensure the need to borrow money and protect relatives, family, friends, colleagues, people when in need of borrowing money must find out and choose a reputable service provider, fully express themselves. Full information on the website such as: company name, business code, address, specific policies on loan interest rates with appropriate forms.
Agencies, organizations and businesses need to ask their officers, employees and employees not to borrow through apps of unknown origin, not to act on behalf of the unit or provide the agency’s phone number. officials and colleagues to borrow money.
Source : Genk