What are Collections? Literally, it is a Folder, helping to pack the requests into one place. So can not use it? The answer is OK, but you will encounter some of the following problems:
- Will have to use History to find the requests used, similar to you all day having to rummage through the History of Chrome, while just one bookmark is done.
- The automated API documents generated by Postman cannot be used
- Cannot use Runner function, which makes Requests run continuously.
I. Create 1 Collection.
- Click the [create collection] button on the sidebar
- Enter a name and description (optional) for the collection.
- Save the request to Collection.
- B1. Create a new Request (Like the previous post)
- B2. Click the Save button
- B3. Select the Collection to save and Save next.
NOTE: For TH fields that want to add requests from History to Collection.
- B1. Click on the icon (+)
- B2. Select the Collection to save and Save.
2. 1 Collection main settings.
- Share collections: create links to share with others in collections (limited by account type).
- Rename: Rename the collection.
- Edit: Edit the name and description of the collection.
- Add Folder: create a new collection inside that Collection.
- Duplicate: Duplicate an existing collection.
- Export: Export the collection to a .json file
- Monitor Collection: Used to test performance (limited by account type).
- Mock Collection: helps to simulate APIs using Example functions that postman supports. (limited by account type).
- Publish Docs: Creates HTML Docs API.
- Delete: Delete the Collection.
Also you can view Collection details by clicking the arrow [<].