- Generating test data is the process of creating sample test data used in the execution of test cases. There are many test data creation tools available to create logical data that looks like production test data. You can use these tools if no data is available.
- The following is a list of top test data creation tools, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source software (free) and commercial (paid).
- DATPROF simplifies getting the right test data at the right time. With DATPROF privacy, you can mask your test data and create aggregated data. Your customer data is protected, but software teams can still use representative test data.
- Preserve data characteristics
- High performance on large datasets
- Suitable for many applications and databases
- Integrated aggregator for data creation
- Support CI / CD integration (continuous integration versus continuous delivery)
- Manage and refresh your test data environment from a central platform.
2. Redgate SQL Data Generator
- Redgate SQL Data Generator generates large amounts of data in a few clicks. It supports foreign keys to create consistent data across multiple levels.
- This data creation tool provides flexibility and manual control to create foreign key data.
- It has more than 60 generators available with many reasonable configuration options.
- You can save SQL statements and regexp generators to share with your team.
- This tool provides support for the command line to create data automatically.
- It allows you to import data from existing data sources.
- Redgate creates an SQL data generator that automatically converts data when the source data belongs to different data types.
- It provides flexibility and manual control to create foreign key data.
3. Informatica Test Data Management
- Informatica Test Data Management is an application that automatically connects data and checks data creation capabilities.
- The tool automatically finds the data location to conceal the consistency (the process of hiding the original data with edited content) on the database.
- Informatica supports packaged applications to ensure application integrity and deployment speed.
- It provides monitoring and compliance reports.
- Testers can store, share, increase and reuse test data sets to increase their effectiveness in software testing.
- It provides a comprehensive set of masking techniques that can continuously conceal different data across applications.
- Double is a test data management solution that includes cleaning up data, creating test plans, converting data and converting “historical” files. It ensures consistent, clean data files for field testing and regulatory reporting.
- Data management options are available for a range of test data, including T-Doble, SFRA (Scanning Frequency Response Analysis) and DTA (Domestic Tariff Area) software.
- It allows you to choose which option is necessary for your organization
- You can easily manage data management projects that fit your actual business.
- It allows you to organize data between departments, divisions and regions.
5. InfoSphere Optim
- IBM InfoSphere Optim is a test data that creates an application that enhances performance, empowering collaboration between applications and databases across platforms.
- You can store data from historical transaction records and discontinued applications, discontinued applications and historical transaction records.
- Check comprehensive data management capabilities.
- It provides an expandable hosting solution for businesses.
6. CA Test Data Manager
- CA Test Data Manager is a tool to create test data. You can use it to store, manage, find, edit, hide and subset data. It allows you to centrally store data as reusable assets.
- It provides dynamic self-service forms to find, view, analyze and observe test data.
- You can easily identify personally identifiable information (PII).
- It can generate aggregate test data.
- It allows you to create virtual copies of test data.
- This tool helps you centralize data storage as a reusable asset.
7. Solix EDMS
- Solix EDMS is an application for creating test data. It can extract specific transaction sets of business objects needed for specific tests.
- It helps you identify and take advantage of policies for creating metadata and continuous subsets.
- You can define and apply formats to preserve and conceal policies for secure and sensitive data.
- It provides many rules for creating test data to create subsets containing all the characteristics of production data.
- It provides many subset functions, including delete, insert and truncate
- It eliminates unnecessary security risks and significantly reduces your infrastructure costs.
8. SAP Test Data Migration Server
- The SAP test data migration server is a tool to help develop, guarantee, test and train your system with real SAP business data. It increases efficiency by reducing the time needed to manage data in development and test systems.
- It helps you reduce infrastructure and costs
- You can extract and transfer data for and testing
- It optimizes development, testing or training activities by providing current data regularly.
- This tool complies with data security laws by tampering with sensitive production data.
- Move data through unconnected data centers.
9. DTM Data Generator
- The application creates DTM data for p target data before each attempt to prevent changes to the changing tables.
- It supports all popular database systems such as Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Firebird, MySQL, etc.
- It has more than 15 methods to fill fields with random data and repeat.
- 70 integrated functions and expression processor.
- This product checks an existing database schema and automatically resolves the overall detail locking structure.
- It provides a variety of external data sources: databases, CSV or text files, XML documents, Excel, spreadsheets, etc.
- The Named and Variable features provide a way to share properties that create data for similar columns.
- It supports all modern versions of Windows: Vista, XP Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003, etc.
10. Upscene Advance Data Generator
- Upscene is a test data creation tool in your database tables. It allows you to create complex data on multiple related tables.
- It creates logical data that looks like the real thing.
- The tool supports a wide range of data types, including date & time, integers, binary and Boolean.
- Mockaroo is an online tool that allows you to solve your data creation problems with just a few clicks. It also allows you to create more than 1,000 test data rows in JSON, CSV, Excel and SQL formats.
- You can design your own API simulator.
- It provides a wide range of data types, including city, country, country code, street address, latitude, phone, state, etc.
- You control the URLs, responses, and error conditions.
- This tool provides many simulation libraries for every language and platform.
- You can randomly download test data that can be downloaded directly into your test environment.
- It allows you to check with actual data.
- Link: https://mockaroo.com/
- This site provides an online demo to know its function.
- It provides a fully functional, licensed GNU version.
- It allows developers to write their own data types to generate new random data types.
- You can add new country plugins that provide city names, region names, and postal or postal code format.
- Link: http://generatedata.com/
- The Delphix tool helps your company release software faster by providing virtual data on demand. It allows maintenance groups and test data library versions.
- Users can easily bookmark and reset their data to any previous state.
- Bookmarks of buggy environments can be shared immediately with developers to resolve them.
- It can identify and secure sensitive information on millions of rows of data for its important digital applications.
14. Original Software
- Original software is a comprehensive data verification and verification solution. It checks at both the database and user interface level and integrates with many other solutions for overall application quality.
- Select or sample data by keeping valid data references.
- You can use many methods of hiding to protect your data.
- It allows you to keep track of all inserts, updates and deletions, including intervening data states.
- You can compare your data to verify your test results.
- It provides server-side testing for developers.
15. EMS Data Generator
- The EMS data generator is a software application for creating test data into MySQL database tables. It allows you to fill in the MySQL database table along with test data
- You save and edit the data created in SQL scripts.
- This software supports data types such as SET types, ENUM, GEOMETRY, etc.
- You can use SQL query results as a list of values to create data.
- You can see a preview of the data created.
- It provides many types of parameters created for each type of field.
- The EMS data generator allows you to set NULL values.
- Link: https://bit.ly/2S4RcdW
Above are 15 testing data creation tools that I want to share, that can be helpful for everyone.
Reference source: https://www.guru99.com/test-data-generation-tools.html